Sunday, May 12, 2013

Without My Rings!!!

Well I guess a milestone has been reached. I left my engagement ring and diamond wedding band at Mom's house. I'm not freaked out. I didn't panic and make Hannah turn the car around and go get them. I miss them but I will survive without them on. I can't believe I'm saying this without tears rolling down my face. 

I miss him and the rings are a huge connection to him but I don't have to have them on. Maybe it is time to put them in the safe to be willed to Laynie when I join Scott. That was always the plan even when he was alive but I can't believe I'm okay with them going into the safe. 

I asked Mom to put them up until I get back there again. Huge step for me. Maybe it's time for more steps and I just didn't realize I was okay with new steps. I never thought I would not wear them. Sometimes I wear them in pieces. Just my wedding band or just the engagement ring but rarely do I forget them and certainly not for long periods of time. 

Yes, I guess I really am living forward into a life without Scott. I don't like it but I'm doing better then I ever imagined I would. I must be doing what he expects of me. I am stronger then I ever thought I would be  it just takes a small village to keep me going, surrounded by light and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment