Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Getting Home

The hardest thing about being alone is the lack of someone to share your life with. Not just a body in the house but really talking to someone. The lack of communication about important day to day things. The how was your days and sharing a meal. I had a taste of that twice last week when I had dinner with friends on two different days. I thought I'd fallen off the nightmare wagon into the best dreams ever spending hours talking about real things not patient small talk.

The next big thing is not having someone ask you where you are and your guesstimated arrival time and miss you if you don't show up on time. It's really funny but I'm crazy punctual and one of those running late call and let you know people. My patients can tell time by me. One of them teasingly gives me grief when I'm four minutes late. Do you know what it means to have someone let you know they are on their way? Yup both friends did!!

I miss the other parts of a relationship but not as much as the giggling,  laughing, story telling, serious mind blowing conversations and hugs. Who doesn't love someone in their life who trusts you with their day? Dinner alone also sucks. I guess I don't really eat alone when I have a stealth kitty trying to steal bites but super special to sit at the table with a glass of wine and take out nachos or pizza! Who says cooking at home is required.

I also miss complaining about stuff left all over the house. I like things in order but I find myself leaving my clothes or shoes somewhere just so I can gripe at myself. There is also no one to gripe about not doing chores. Which is good because I hate being cranky. I guess what I'm truly saying is living alone has it's perks but the negatives are greater. I do manage to entertain myself but spend more time working than I really should. I also find myself using FB as a way to say hey if anyone cares I'm headed home and it was a really long beautiful amazing day.

So if you have someone like me take the time to share an evening with them!! It will make their day feel less lonely. You too may save a life and not even know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment