Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wiper Blades

"Most of us don't need a psychiatric therapist
as much as a friend to be silly with. "
~Robert Brault~~The True Power

I need a great big belly laugh kind of mental escape. It was an odd day but well I just kept plugging along. I need to be working right now but I don't really feel like it for the moment. I will get done what I need to do just not right now. There is a commercial for Disney Cruise Line asking what makes everyone's dreams come true. I can answer that question right this minute with a resounding "I would love to take everyone I need in my life on that cruise for a great big grand 'ol party with lots of laughter and fun!"

Yesterday on the way home in the loverly down pouring rain my windshield wiper blades decided they needed to be replaced. Go figure they haven't been used in months and suddenly here we go. It is just another one of those little messages I receive. I'm sure I can change the blades but Scott just wouldn't let me before. It pops up another reminder of the way I was taken care of in my life. I miss those moments but I don't have a choice I get to learn things I wasn't supposed to even be bothered with learning. My Dad, however, is disagreeing loudly in Heaven with Scott about this one. He always taught me how to do things myself but you know he was always there to rescue me too. I don't want to be rescued, I just want to be loved.

It was another day with moments of fun and laughter. Another well placed phone call to make me smile and you know I said thank you today! Friends matter and if there is someone who makes your day just a bit brighter it is nice to return the favor by saying Thank You! I have decided the moments I need are to keep finding the smiles and laughter. I can be surrounded by grumpy and cranky but I just keep smiling. Today I really felt my smile. I was in a silly mood. I would have loved to have been in my Magic place with Hannah and my friends but I will hold these feelings until I can be there again.

So when you feel like the world is in need of some serious pscyh meds find a friend and giggle. Share a laugh even in a small moment it will make the day all that much better. I was able to "just keep swimming, Hakuna Matata!" style! Hey there is a Disney moment in each day you just have to be willing to find the magic!  I have more days to keep going. I am where I am supposed to be in each day and I BELIEVE! I believe in my ability to take care of myself and I believe in laughter and friendship! Those wiper blades will not get the best of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment