Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leftovers

I went to bed at 3:30 yesterday afternoon and got up at 11:00 this morning. Somewhere along the way I think I got out of bed and ate a cupcake or two or three but for the most part I slept. Exhaustion was the only word that fit the bill for me. Today I didn't do much. I did work for a few hours. Thank goodness for laptops and remote access. Can I get out of doing 16 hour workdays this week? I hope so  because I do need a break. I feel vacation planning coming on.

Today my biggest achievement was cooking for myself. That is two weekends in a row that I have cooked for myself. Wow is all I can say. Normally I do the quick drive thru or my favorite, PBJ but nope I cooked actual food from scratch. A recipe that I have tweaked over the years. The hardest part about cooking is leftovers. I'm not much into leftovers but there are a few things I will eat that way. I really miss cooking. The thing about cooking is that it is more fun when someone else enjoys what you create. Or when it's not the best then will tolerate the oops and smile.

I guess I could have done some other things today but it is nice to just hang out on the dark dreary day. I watched a movie but couldn't wrap my brain around reading today. I could have decorated for Christmas but it's not something I want to even attempt alone. It doesn't mean nearly as much without the family joy. I'm not so sure how to take care of this chore this year. I am very task oriented and when I do set my mind to tackling the to do list I achieve greatness but not with things like this. Christmas shouldn't be a chore. It should be full of fun, laughter and love.

I'm trying. I know where I want to be and one day at a time I'm getting there. I'm trying not to be sad and lost in the world. It doesn't work all the time but I'm trying. I'm cooking I guess that is a huge step into the right direction! Let's see what else I can make. I guess I will have to take a trip to the grocery store with Hannah soon though because the cupboard is bare. That is another thing I have to conquer all my own someday but not today. One more step at a time. That is what my days are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment