Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Discipline is Love

"Only those who do nothing at all make no mistakes... but that would be a mistake."
       - Anonymous


I have learned all kinds of things in my life because I make mistakes. I am by no means perfect. I don't want to be perfect but I do try to do my very best. I'm not the perfect rule follower all the time but there is a time and place to do the right thing for others without thinking of myself first. When I think of where I am in my life I see so many things I have learned at such a tender young age. I spent a lot of time in reflection today while I was driving. It's a good thing I can drive and think at the same time. I have many challenges to face today was not any different. 


There are right and wrong choices to make. Today I had to help my beautiful daughter face some of her wrong choices and face the consequences of her actions. I love her dearly and wish for her to never know the pain I feel daily. However, in my life, as I just told her, I love her more then Scott. Scott knew this and was in complete agreement. She is my reason I have the strength to keep going each day. I hope someday she will read these words and I know I chose to be here because of her. My life only matters because God gave her to me. I will always be there for her even when discipline is the correct path for that love. She is a beautiful, smart, funny and talented young woman. I want only for her to be the best she can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment