Thursday, October 13, 2011

Choosing Friends

God gives us our relatives - thank God we can choose our friends.
      
 - Ethel Watts Mumford



I'm so ready to spend time with my chosen family. I have been so lucky to be surrounded by some of the greatest people I will always hold near and dear to my heart. Today has been a day of fun, flirty, laughter, tears and pampering. I'm in a good place today. Even have a nutty patient say stupid stuff made me smile. 


I'm reaching for my happy place. I was talking to one of my girlfriends today about the "mental" unit at our local hospital. She said she really feels like she needs to go but her MD told her she is thinking too logically for that. I told her I understood but instead of the psych unit I check myself into Disney World. It works great for me. I'm so excited I can't stand it. 


So here I go. Sassy new hair cut, my bright red toes, packing bags bring on my happy place with my chosen family! I'm ready to join in the hugs, laughter, gossiping and love! They have saved my life so many times. I'm so happy I get to keep adding to my chosen family. They remind me how important to people I am. Not just because of biology but because they love me for who I am. I love my friends! Thank you for loving me too even when I need a big dose of "shut up!"



No comments:

Post a Comment