Saturday, October 1, 2011

Prince Charming

A loud splash in my pool in the dark as I sit on the back patio brings my prince into my life. My frog/toad prince that is. I'm good with that. It seems like another one of those moments where Scott is around. He was my hero to fish things out of the pool. Snakes, giant live turtles, dead critters, the cat and he even got my frog prince out of the pool several times. I feel like he's here. I take those moments and I'm good with it. If that is all I have then I happy with my life. I'm sitting here home alone enjoying my day and I don't feel alone.  I miss him and that makes me cry but then the music happens.

Yesterday I had a morning to do things alone. I know I wasn't alone because several people let me know they were there when I needed them and I'm sure a few that were but kept a step back. On my way to take the kitten to the vet for her fixing that didn't happen the radio again played the Tchaikovsky music for Sleeping Beauty. I've been sticking to the classic station on the satellite radio and I still find him with me. As I'm driving there is a dead palm frond laying in the middle of the road. I drop the kitten off and head to my appointment. I survived and the good news is I'm still waiting for the complete results but my portal vein was flowing.

My day was surrounded by light and love. I worked and made it to the point in my day where I could go do the things I needed to do. I'm very tired of everybody thinking my work days should be centered around the drama they create but are too lazy to clean up. I drove to Bremond on the beautiful sunny Texas afternoon. It took all my stress away. I had the best afternoon. It made me remember why I love my job and what I love about my job. On the way home I feel like I got another message in the form of a Caddy with something in it's trunk that shouldn't have been. Like a message to talk to a friend. I like it when that friend makes me smile, laugh and let's me be me.

Date night with Hannah was perfect. I know how blessed I am to have her in my life. I know I don't need a Prince Charming in my life but as Hannah and I were talking about the power of pets and touch I knew I was wrong. Each relationship in life happens for a different meaning. I don't have to give up on my fairytale dreams. I will make it into my tomorrow. So if that splash in the dark on a very peaceful night is a reminder of my hero, I will take it. If a friend makes me laugh and smile, I will take it. If my daughter loves to share with me when she knows I need it, I will take it. I am finding myself. I like who I am and if that makes a difference in someone else's life, I will take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment