Thursday, October 7, 2010

Circle of Friends

Nope this year doesn't count. It just doesn't get to win. Today on of the most important, dearest people I know had to tell me she lost her mother. We sat on a bench on Sunday night in Walt Disney World trying to come up with solutions to help her and Mom cope with the process of dementia. God decided it was time for the Mom to join Scott and so many others as an angel in Heaven. Even in her own grief Betsy protected me from finding out from someone else. She made sure it came from her but because I was where I was supposed to be I had the love and support all day of another friend who never thought he had it in him. Today he walked me through and was the one checking on me while I worried about trying to help Betsy today.

I can only tell her I love her and I am here to help her walk this journey. She keeps saying to me we are where we are supposed to be we just don't always know it. Now I know things I don't want to know but I do. That gives me the strength to be there for her. You see our little circle of friends are more then just crazy Internet Disney fans. We are a family through the good, the bad, the sad and the happy. Love really does matter and it is the only thing that will be there in the end of life. We will walk through this and love each other for the things that don't matter because there is not right or wrong and no battle that is that important.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, Kristen. You have had such an intense year, dear heart. Sending much love and holding you near in prayer each day. {{{{hugs}}}
    Christine

    ReplyDelete