Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Miles of Memories

I hate the days where I wake up sad. I'm feel so out of balance. But you see I get the hang of it, I just text a friend and get a smile. Ahh the joys of friends. They always know what to say to make you smile.

"Saddened as I am by loss, my heart lifts in gratitude for the richness Scott has brought to my life." my grief meditation book

I am thankful for everyday we had together. I drove to Austin today for work and I had the memories filling every moment. I drove past one of the restaurants we went to spontaneously one night when we were first dating and let me tell you about all the white Toyota Tundras. I have quite been able to desensitize to completely to seeing that. I guess it doesn't help that I live in Truck Capital USA. So many other memories in those miles I drove today. It was a first trip for me that direction. When I went to the airport I can bypass all the Kohl's we stopped at looking for his outfit for the wedding and all the guys clothes. I can smile and laugh at all our inside jokes and at the same time let the tears fall.

I am taking each day and dealing with all the amazing things and people that are in my life. I will keep walking the path but for now I think I'm getting sick so I need to get some sleep. I keep conquering my life as it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment