Monday, November 15, 2010

Comforting Cousins

It has been one of those days where I'm not really sure what I got done or if I made a difference to anyone but I worked until 6:30 tonight. When I was working at the end of the day, Monica called and told me she wasn't taking the job at the other place which was "my job." It's okay that wasn't the problem. It was when we switched topics to Scott. I just suddenly missed him beyond words. I focused long enough to finish what I was doing but then when I tried to start a new task I just couldn't do it. So I drove home in the dark, crying and wishing with all my heart. I have learned to reach out to someone when I feel like that so I reached out for my dear little sister, Stacey. She is my sister and I love her just like I would if we had grown up in hte same house! I love all my cousins like that. To me they are my brothers and sisters. We may lead lives all over the country but I know I can count on them in the worst of times.

She talked me all the way home and beyond. She then thanked me for doing all the things I did for her growing up. Do you know how much that makes my heart happy? I know today that I really have touched someones life. I also know after talking to Monica that reaffirms how many lives were touched by Scott. So a busy crazy day that kept me moving and going but with Scott just in the back of my thoughts turned into a sob fest with comfort.

I will take steps one at a time. I will make it forward I just have to continue to readjust my universe. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment