Sunday, November 7, 2010

Words of Wisdom

"I am grateful from the bottom of my heart, that I have shared the life of my loved one. And I trust that someday my happiness, as I remember our life together, will far outweigh the grief I feel now." - Martha Whitmore Hickman

"...how complicated and individual mending is; the time required for healing cannot be measured against any fixed calendar." - Mary Jane Moffat

Someday there will be a point in my life where each day isn't measured by the loss of Scott. I have no timetable planned out but to take it one day at a time. I will live each day and get through each milestone, each holiday, each event and it won't be so all consuming. That isn't yet. My house is very quiet. I feel his ongoing spirit surrounding me to support me through all these times. He is here laughing at my antics, holding me up when I'm sad, wiping my tears when I cry, and loving me always.

The words I have in my heart

"Adore Always, Remember Forever, Love to Infinity and Beyond"

are from him everyday. The tears don't stop because they are cleansing. The tears are healing me from the inside out. I'm not there today but someday.

So with this final thought for today:

"My grief and pain are mine, I have earned them. They are part of me. Only in feeling them do I open myself to the lessons they can teach." Anne Wilson Schaef

No comments:

Post a Comment