Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Eu Du Cookie

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." 
       -Joshua J. Marine


Well I achieved something on my own with a lot of roadblocks but I kept my cool faced them head on and smiled while demanding excellence! I'm even managed to deal with the stress even when I didn't really want to! I know I can take care of myself but it is more fun to share in the triumphs of the day. How else would I have survived without sharing on FB! My life is certainly not boring when I can just make myself get out of the house and live!


I did something else today that I have not done since Christmas of 2009. Our last Christmas together. I baked cookies. I used to bake all the time. I love to bake but it hasn't been as much fun well you know since. I had fun tonight it took my mind off of waiting for the delivery. I even managed to turn the cookies into something cute for tomorrow. I miss this side of me. Scott used to tell me I made the perfect happy homemaker. I never got the chance but I think I would drive everyone nuts with my projects if I actually had time to do all the ones I wanted to do.


Last night I was playing with the washing machine watching the clothes take a bath. It was funny because we had picked out the washer and dryer we wanted before he died, planning ahead. I could feel him with me laughing and joking about the clothes. It is kind of fun. When I was a kid I loved watching the water in the machine. Now I can do it without trying to figure out how to keep the button pushed down. I think my laundry man would have rewashed everything in the house or things like comforters that need to be washed but who wants to be bothered. I didn't cry either. 


That must be progress. I made it through this stress and came out with cookies on the other end. Nothing makes a day better then a chocolate chip cookie. Even better is the best perfume in the world. Eu Du cookie! I keep trying. I don't have anything else to do but keep trying. The world feels a bit more right today. Maybe it's because I fought a small battle. Now I just have to keep going with the war! I'm where I'm supposed to be, surrounded by light and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment