Friday, July 1, 2011

Majestic Mt. McKinley

What a day yesterday. How can I ever find words to describe what Hannah and I experienced yesterday. To see the top of the highest peak in North America from an airplane with the sun shining brilliantly. I reached as close to God and Scott I can get. The love the magic the brilliance. I have been blessed.

Hannah and I were the only two who received this gift from our travel group. There were originally 22 people signed up on the flight but they all cancelled when they couldn't do the glacier landing. For me the glacier landing would have been nice but I got what I needed out of the flight. I am blessed. Hannah is blessed.

When we met the tour guide this morning, Cam was all smiles. He looked at Hannah and I and said "you too won!" He told us how lucky we were. The storms yesterday around the mountain were bad. We flew around them and felt God! That is the only way I can explain yesterday. I know I have a life to live and wow is all I can say. When I decide to do something it just seems to happen.

Today we have traveled back to Anchorage by motor coach to catch the train to Seward where we will board the ship. Next stop Hubbard Glacier and at day at sea! I love how complete I feel in my own skin for a change. I'd forgotten who this person is. Onward and upward I've got more journey to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment