Thursday, June 30, 2011

Denali

I stood in Denali National Park this morning and cried. I was completely alone yet I wasn't. I felt the wind and listened to the birds and the tears fell. Magnificent is the only word I can find to describe this morning. I have a feeling this will continue but I know Scott right there with me. Because to interrupt my moment was a mosquito over an inch long! See I found the humor in the moment.

Yesterday we arrived in Denali. Had a dinner in the village, made it back to our hotel for our tour with Homestead Huskies. Jeff King picked us up, led our tour of his place and proved the dogs are the athletes. He's just the servant. The views are breathtaking and the weather is cool for us. High today 55. I had to keep Hannah from bringing home a puppy. Luckily they count them!

Today we got up at the crack of dawn. Oh wait there is no dawn. We got up at 4:30 am to be ready for our tour - Denali Wildlife and History tour. A four hour school bus ride 17 miles with the Ultimate view of real nature. A grizzly chasing a moose and it's calf. There will be more today. A plane ride to view Mt McKinley and a landing on Ruth Glacier. This is truly a trip of a lifetime and joy toward my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment