Saturday, June 18, 2011

Despite Myself

"We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence." ~Phyllis Theroux


This quote makes me smile because there is no perfection in each of us but there is always someone who loves us despite ourselves. I love the people in my life who love me despite myself. I know I have people I love in my life despite themselves. We are our own worst enemies and somehow God sees fit to make us lovable too.

I know that through all my storms I have faith that it can all be better. That with those in my life who see fit to love me despite the evidence that I'm not always lovable. There have been so many good places I have been to go along with all the bad. I can only hope that my journey will make an impact on someone else's life. That despite the evidence we can all be blessed. It is in our power to choose to love each other.

It is in my power each day to make someone else's life better by just accepting them faults and all. I try very hard to make each day count for someone else. I learned so very much from Scott. There will never be a day that go by without him in it. Something that will remind me that I was blessed by his love despite myself! I gave up trying to figure out life all those months ago. I can only offer myself in each day. I can only give the strength from today to help others. We all must face the challenges in this life but when you can do it with grace and love the battle has been won.

I know I am not the only person in this world to face loss but because of my very open journey I want to help someone else develop a strength to keep going even when it seems there is nothing to make it better. I make plans and have things to look forward to but I also make sure to live for today. You can't put life on hold it doesn't wait for you. Somehow along the way I have found the strength to keep going. I have spent the last 24 hours searching how to help my friend. I know the words will be there when the time is right. Scott's last words to me have been loud and strong, "It's okay. I love you!" keep repeating in my head. I know I will always be loved and when it is my time to cross the bridge the ultimate love will be waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment