Friday, June 17, 2011

Bring in the Marine

How do I explain today? I don't even know how to say the words because it does bring back everything but I think it is from a different perspective today. I know I have traveled the path and now I have the battle scars to help another. A very dear friend has had a very significant loss. He had to tell his son that his son's Mom had passed away. That his life is forever changed and there will be no more tomorrows. My friend has been there for me giving me laughter, sharing jokes, even a shoulder to cry on. Now I have only been able to comb my own memories as spotty as they are, to find how to help them both. I know the only thing I can do is give the support and friendship beyond the immediate needs. They say raising a child takes a village then healing from death of a love takes an army or marines as the case may be.

In all the days of my own personal journey the thing I know without a doubt are the people who have been here for me beyond have been my greatest support. Today I received from the cute man with the nice legs in the brown uniform a box. Inside the box was a replacement Buzz for the one I left behind last week on my business trip. I'm so blessed to have people who have cared for me that I only hope I can give as much as I have received. I keep saying we are all in each other's lives for reasons we may not understand. Today, I understood why a somewhat random and odd friendship was formed.

I have had those odd feelings for the last two days when something important was to happen. I haven't felt Scott around and then he came back for full force. My FB was going crazy and this morning my friend posted two pictures that kept repeating over and over. I finally commented on them and then a bit later I checked my email to tell me the story. I've done nothing today from that point on other then pray and find a way to give them strength from a distance just as so many have done for me.

This world is full of the unknown. We are only given today with no promises for tomorrow. Please, please take the time to tell everyone who is important to you in your life how much you love them. You can love your friends, your children, your parents, your spouse, but also love yourself. Make the most out of each day because tomorrow may be your expiration date and you don't want to leave someone behind who didn't know how much you loved them! Tell  them you love them! Make the most out of each day and take time to watch the sunrise or my favorite watching the sunset. Praise God for each day and ask to be surrounded by light and love! There is a plan and no matter how much we want the answers we can only accept what we are given and find the strength to keep going.  I am here for you, my friend, for the long haul of the learning to live forward through the grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment