Friday, June 10, 2011

Look Out World!

Today my baby girl got her driving permit! Wow do I feel old! I can still clearly see the days of driver's Ed at JHS with Coach Adams. The group of us driving around Joplin for hours that entire semester. Here I am at another stage in my life. I know in all my heart that Scott will be with her as she's learning. I know in my heart that he will give her a boost along the way because that was a connection for them. I know life moves on but I know there won't be a day that I think, "oh wow Scott did you see that?"

Even connecting with new people in my life. I know Scott does approve! The possibilities are limitless in this world if you believe! I believe! I know it will be a good place to get to as each day I grow stronger. I realized something today in talking with what seems to be my end of the day wrap up with my friend, that we all need someone just to be there to share smiles and tears. Trusting someone enough to say my day was crap or I had the best day or even what your plans are for the weekend means the universe is at work too! If it weren't why would we all be connected in each other's lives.

I look at all my friends on FB. I have them sorted into different categories but when it shows how many others you are connected to with this person but then the random overlaps of how you know two people who you didn't know knew each other. Wow that was a mouthful. The connections we all share, the people that have joined our lives and the technology that keeps us together is a miracle. I like making new friendships turn into strong bonds. I know that when I reach out for a hug I can also have the power to make someone's day by returning the hug or smile. It is okay to accept the things we don't see. The strings that bind us, the powerful emotions that make you know these people are in your life for reasons.

So to know that the memories that flood into my mind thinking about my time at Hannah's age are gifts. The people that survived storms are gifts. The connections and bonds long forgotten can begin anew at a different time in our lives when we need to be supported or to provide support. I hope that my beautiful daughter will cherish the memories she is making in each day. I hope that I will be around when her daughter begins to drive and we can share the joy and memories. I love that she was given to me by God! I know Scott was given to me by God as are so many others in my life. The possibilities are endless so look out world I've got more memories to make. June 10 no longer just means the day Scott and I met but is the day Hannah got her learner's permit!

No comments:

Post a Comment