Saturday, June 25, 2011

Love not Duty

"I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life! - and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"Love is a better teacher than duty." - Albert Einstein

Ah what a day to be in love. As I sit outside I pondering the mysteries of life I still find no answers except one. To be loved and to give love makes this world complete. I am amazed at the peace I feel with my life. I am happy and very lucky to truly know Scott's love and I don't ever have to doubt that. He left this Earthly world telling me of his love and I continue to find moments where he shows me still just through the people that continue to be in my life.

Hannah is home and my first month of a quiet lonely house is over for now. I tried to work myself into craziness but somehow I have survived. Today we ran errands and she drove when it hit me that she knows basic driving because Scott loved her enough to teach her before he left us. Now here we are moving forward in life but he still reminds us both of the lessons he shared with us. I will make it because I know how to share the love he gave me. The gift shouldn't be held locked away. Love will continue to teach me how to live each day forward.

Life isn't a chore to just do because I must. I make the choice to live because I have love to share. I sit here looking over the palm trees left to be removed and the ones that are gone knowing what I must do. I have struggled with the Palm trees in the landscape but tonight as I was trying to decide what would look good in those places I hear in my head, "My heart plant new palms in my memory. Give them love and they will grow." He is right. That is what I must do. Provide love to another of God's creations and watch it grow just as I have done all these months. It will not be out of duty but because love is what is in my heart and soul to continue sharing in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment