Sunday, June 26, 2011

North to Alaska

Alaska the story behind this trip. Several years ago Scott and I sat in the Dubl-R talking and laughing about places we would like to go together. Scott looked at me and said, "write this down! Let's make a list of each State and places we want to see." He started the list with Alaska. He specifically said, "a cruise in Alaska!" The the list moved on to other places but this was always the first thing on the list. We have crossed a few other things off the list but this one seems to be a special place in my heart. That list still resides on my computer and I will make each place happen for me because it is important to me!

Fast forward to where I am now - sitting in a living room full of Hannah's clothing that needs to be packed into suitcases and the front room full of my clothes. At least I'm organized and that far ahead of the game today. Fourteen, almost fifteen months ago, my Mom and Aunt were talking about taking this cruise because they had always wanted to go too. We talked and before I knew it Hannah and I were signed up to go with them. Mike heard and there we have the complete party with he and his wife. So let's see if you can follow along with this cast of characters, Mom, Bob, Aunt T, Uncle Greg, Mike, Pam, Hannah and I. We are off to the Mixed Nuts Family Vacation to celebrate life, love and birthdays.

I don't know what the future holds for me but I do know this trip has given me an excitement about my life that I haven't had since my last trip with Scott. He is here with me always. He has given me a life to live and look forward into tomorrow. Who knows maybe my place will be found on this cruise. Maybe I will leave this lost feeling behind. I know that I will feel the power that has drawn me forward into this adventure become stronger as I see the majesty of God's creations. My journey will be shared here as I want you all to feel power this trip means to my life as I continue to live forward. Today is our wedding anniversary for the rest of my life. To infinity and beyond, my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment