Thursday, June 23, 2011

Feet and Fellowship

Have I told you lately that I have the best support system in the world? We all know that there are times I just flat out wouldn't have made it another day if it werent for all of you. I can honestly say more then once I had to work really hard to keep myself off the road to Scott's pond because I would have rather driven right on in. I finally let myself go only after I knew I was ready to see the scene. Shock is a good thing because it keeps you from horrors that should never be repeated.

There are several people who are in my life for reasons that just dont make sense. I'm good with that! I have a spiritual connection that I thank God for allowing us to have. This evening I enjoyed fellowship and feet time with my dear friend Lisa. We can talk for hours in circles never repeating a thing and end up right back where we were. Today my heart filled with joy as she told me how very proud of me she is. I know so many of you are but I know I still have a road to travel that continues to be bumpy. I may continue to have to take the road a bit slower but there is no speed limit to life.

We laughed today when I was telling her about the grocery store and dating. I don't have a purpose to date, I can avoid it for now just like the grocery store. There are far more enjoyable pasttimes for me and who wants to date someone who has an irrational fear of the grocery store. We both started laughing. I'm glad I have friends who understand my nutty sense of humor and how my brain works. Laughter is so healing. Finding moments from great pain and building a new life takes courage and strength. I dont always have that in my heart but my friends keep me grounded in the truth of light and love.

So when you are feeling like the world is crumbling around you and nothing makes sense turn your head a bit to the right or left. You may be surprised at the rows a friends standing around you. Accepting a loving hand doesn't mean you are weak. It is the opposite. We aren't meant to journey life alone. The battles we fight may be very personal but that doesn't equal alone. Reaching out to a friend will impact their life just as much as yours. So for that I'm truly thankful for my friend who I enjoy feet and fellowship. We always manage to find the goose bump moments that make us know we are connected on a plane beyond what we can see. Thank you to each of you for being in my life for reasons not always seen. I am truly blessed by God's Light and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment