Friday, July 22, 2011

Lizard Tales

"...to survive is to let go of old habits, some friends and to shed your tail every now and again. It leaves scars and isn't pretty but if you look close enough what is?" -Mary "In Plain Sight"

Gotta love the DVR and a marathon of episodes. I watch this show and it is funny the things that run through my head. Why is it that we can have a witness protection program for criminals and innocent people who witness bad things but those of us trying so hard to live a new life not by choice... Well you get where my mind goes. Especially now as I've been thinking about a new life!

I have to say yesterday was even more about living life then letting the past take over. I have some new stuff to deal with and a friend I love dearly to support. I also know that it really does matter when you reach out with feelings and words. I have to say I have the most amazing friends in the world! Even when I don't share the entire story somehow someone picks up the pieces and pastes me back together again! That would be something I would hate about the witness protection program!

Mary was talking about a catching a lizard and watching it lose it's tail so it saved itself. I think we call that a protection mechanism! I have plenty of those. It still amazes me though when I have moments that I'm not prepared to deal! I know there will never be a moment that I don't have something clicking but sometimes you just never know. Ah well I have been told today by a wise man with a heart of gold that this will continue to happen for the rest of my life. It is okay to want to escape and it is okay to keep living even if you  have to force yourself.

So let's see how long it takes the tail of this lizard to grow back. I'm thinking I may have to wait or I may even just get a whole different tail! That sounds really funny when you apply my mind mind that doesn't always think sweet good girl thoughts. Oh well that side of me hasn't changed the thoughts that are funny, silly and not so sweet all the time. So off I go to make a continued night of my Plain Sight Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment