Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Looking Forward to Tomorrow

Wow what a day. It seems like there are days that just don't stop with craziness but then smack dab in the middle of the day is a moment of complete quiet. That happened today. I don't know how or why but I was swamped as is when returning back to work after taking a vacation. I love that feeling of having things to do, a purpose, a place to be. When suddenly this afternoon the world that is my office was completely silent. I took a moment to reflect. It certainly pays to take the those moments we are handed when you least expect them.

Then I take the leap right back into life. It seems like I don't have a choice to stop living. So with that in mind I think it is important to find the moments of fun. I know I can work really hard for the rest of my life but I can't live life focused on something that doesn't really give love back. I do my job but I can't and won't just let my job become the only focal point I have in life. It is really hard though when I come home to an empty house. Hannah has her life and I have to face that my life is constantly in change.

I think I'm learning to deal with that change. I'm not saying I'm good at facing it all the time but I'm trying. I think interjecting fun into my life is the best way to keep coping with the moments that overwhelm me. I have to admit they continue to be fewer. I remember the times when it was nonstop and now I can say I have had days of smiles without tears. I can also say it is ok to have the moments I go from tears to smiles. Today was one of those days but I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It has been a long time since I've been able to say that I'm looking forward to a tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment