Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Excellence not Perfectionism

"Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected." -Steve Jobs


So I have learned a huge lesson! I am glad I am willing to keep learning and not shut my mind down to changes and growth. If I did I would be no where. I also happen to know my Mother would kick my butt if I didn't keep trying to grow in my life. Now back to where I was...my mind does wander at times.


Oh yes, what I have learned. I'm not so much of a perfectionist but I believe in trying to achieve excellence. I'm not okay with letting go and just doing the bare minimum. I want to be good at what I do. Not because I have to be better then others. I've never thought I was better then others! I want to achieve excellence because when I do my attempts matter to those around me. There is change abound but I can't just sit on my laurels and not learn. It is my job to make a difference in my patient's lives. The sad thing is there are people who don't do their best, strive for excellence. 


I may never be Steve Jobs. I don't really want to be. I'm happy with trying my hardest. When days set me back I just have to keep trying. I may not be where I'm supposed to be though. I know I matter to someone though. I don't have to travel my road alone. I know I am not the only one who strives for excellence in life. I want to be surrounded by those people. I like reaching for the people who are positive influences in my life. I am amazed each day by the people who don't try who thrive on negativity but then there is that one person who makes it all better. To know that things are taken care of when you ask because it is the right thing to do for the patients. 


I will continue to push myself to achieve excellence. I can make it. I will continue to challenge myself to be the best at what I try. That doesn't mean I want to be perfect. I don't even know how to do that but I want to reach for stars. I want my life to matter when it is my time to join Scott in our castle. I know he will be there but I get to keep living and trying. I get to try to have a relationship again that matters with someone else. I keep working on myself first. I have to get over my own fears. I know what I want and where I want to be. I am in the right place to make a difference. It may only be in a kind word or a smile but I know I matter. I know trying to achieve excellence matters. I can't fix others but I can set an example to be where I am supposed to be and not doubt myself because of others negative opinions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment