Sunday, September 25, 2011

Silent Progress

True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice
      - St. Francis of Assisi 



Progress is ongoing. I have learned that through so much of the last 18 months. Today was a quiet hide in the house day.  We didn't do anything but rest. Hannah burned her candle out and sounds like a squeaky mouse so we rested. We took a breath to continue with the progress of living forward.


I don't know what to do sometimes but resting is a good place to be. I just keep thinking of Scott and how he would be making me get up and move and do. I know I have things to do, chores to complete but in the scope of life those things don't matter. I know Hannah and I have formed a stronger bond because we do these days together. Who doesn't love pajama day? Today I made a mess in the kitchen cooking breakfast/lunch. When I opened the cabinet for the toaster I looked down and there were the things Scott had bought on his last trip to Walmart for me. Maybe someday when the cookies are petrified I might be able to throw them away. It was progress though that I didn't start crying.


Hannah and I finally left the house a bit ago because we wanted ice cream. She drove. That is progress for me to let her drive. And progress for her because she conquered her fear of Sonic. We ended up at Sonic because DQ doesn't seem to think the 15 cars trying to go through the drive-thru deserve their business. Who closes at 9pm at night? Oh well for us it meant that Hannah has learned how to work Sonic. This may be good and bad. Together each of us is growing and living forward. Someday I hope to look up and find that I have made progress to many days without tears. He is my heart and my love but I still have to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment