Monday, September 5, 2011

Love, Mommy and Scott

Wow! What a weekend. It has been all about Hannah but somewhere in the process I got to tackle my own life. You see the gift Hannah was to get over a few months was a room makeover. The only problem with that was Scott died before we could do anymore then take stuff out of her room. We had been trying to purge as we cleaned. Then he just had to go and die. I've been battling this project and something just seemed right this weekend. I jumped right in and didn't look back. I love my daughter more then anyone else ever will come close. I will make a difference in her life always for the better just as she does for me.

I have crossed a bunch of hurdles this weekend. The room and then IKEA. You see the last time I set foot in IKEA was with Scott when we went to buy table lanterns for wedding decorations in the weeks before his death. I can give you an exact date but it's not important anymore. Those wedding decorations are stuffed in a corner in my craft room. I just can't believe I jumped into this project with both feet. I think there may be a few more things I need to do that with. I have a song that keeps popping into my head.

I was so blessed to have the love and support of Angela throughout this project. She kept telling me she could feel Scott's love for Hannah and I as we worked on this project. She says she feels him around us all the time and we were at this stage for a reason. I know she is right. He will always be here loving us, supporting us and pushing me into the arms of the life I supposed to be in now. Thank you all for helping me get to the place where I can say that my life is another step forward. I love you Hannah! Merry Christmas, Love Mommy and Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment