Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ask In Prayer

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
       
- Mark 11:22-24



I don't  doubt in my heart that I have a place I'm supposed to be and a person I am to continue striving to be. It is sometimes easy to forget those times when the outside world closes in and tries to tell me what to do. When a person says bad things about you right in front of you but not knowing you understand every whispered word they are saying you listen to your heart and walk away. I'm have learned that my heart matters. 


I had a great moment today that made me know my heart is in the right place in my life. I was talking to one of my coworkers who had run into someone that knew Scott. Somehow they found out where she worked and they asked how I was doing. They told her what a great guy he was and a fantastic therapist. I laughed and said it still happens, everyone knows Scott. He was a great person. I told her he gave me the love the way it was meant to be. She said "He set the bar high!" Yes he did but I know what I supposed to have. It is funny to me how little messages pop out of the blue for me. 


I know my prayers are answered. I know I am living forward and when I listen with my heart the decisions I make are the right ones for me. I have so much love, laughter and life to give and I pray each day to be granted my next day. Twelve years ago my Dad struggled to stay alive for my brother and I to tell him good-bye. He did it and was able to tell me in the process I knew what to do to take care of him. Life is a gift and I refuse to take it for granted. I am here for the people that choose to be part of my life and want me for me. I pray everyday to be surrounded by light and love. I love the people in my life who are with me for a reason. I am where I am supposed to be and if you are reading this you are in my life for a reason. I believe my prayers will be answered. I will get my wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment