Monday, August 15, 2011

Decisions of Life

"An executive is a person who always decides; sometimes he decides correctly, but he always decides."
       - John H. Patterson



I have been making Monday decisions all day. What is it about Monday's and decisions? My days are so very busy but these darn Mondays are just crazy. I can't keep track up up and down but I'm just thankful that the day is over. I'm not sure I always make the right decisions but I do make a decision. Isn't there an old adage that says, "do what you think is right and ask for forgiveness later?" If I didn't make decisions then I'd be stuck in wishy washy zone and that wouldn't be a very healthy place for me to be. 


I don't know what else my next decision will be but I will make the wisest choice I can with the information I have available to me at that time. Breathe in and breathe out, focus your mind, listen to the facts and trust your instincts. Now that may be for large decisions but sometimes I have trouble just trying to figure out what to wear in the morning. Maybe that is why I own one pair of tennis shoes and rotate through certain scrubs on certain days. 


I remember not so long ago when I couldn't even decide that I needed to eat much less process complicated decisions. Now I can watch TV and decide that I can watch something with substance and not just vegetable TV time. I can have an attention span longer then a gnat unless  I have to go into decision overload. I know the important things in my life. I know the important people in my life and I know when and where to make the decisions that someone or something may have to go. I also know when and where to make the decisions to welcome people into my life and heart. 


Today was a crazy Monday. I have to make some tough decisions. I miss Scott making the lunch decision for us each day. I still can't figure out why that choice is so rough!  I guess it is time to make the decision to call it a day. The bed says my name but when I get there I toss and turn the sheets off the bed. I'm beginning to think that sheets might be overrated! Off to continue my journey with Stephanie Plum. She makes me feel like my world is sane. Oh how I love being lost in the world of fiction. Someday I may take my own imagination and jump into a book of my own creation. Oh the decisions that define our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment