Thursday, August 11, 2011

Uphill Rope Climb

"If the going is real easy, beware, you may be headed down hill."
       - Anonymous

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
       - Franklin D. Roosevelt



So I start out my day climbing uphill because I reached the end of my rope and hung on. That seems to happen so very often. I guess I'm not so incapable of love after all nor being loved. I kept the appointment for Jazz at the vet for her shots and well baby check up. She was fine. They called to tell me she was fine but also they had a very sweet kitten that needed a home. She had lived with them for eight weeks and would be perfect for us.  We must be destined to each other. They took me back, Hannah was at Band practice, the kitten jumped up on me and started giving me kitty kisses and purring. I didn't mean to love her. I tried not to love her but here I am with a new baby in my life, Belle. I did tell her she had to stick around because we were running out of Princess names.


I guess that means I'm just at the down side of the hill but somewhere in the middle and I have to keep climbing. I'm still rough around the edges but it is going to be all good. I have a bunch of things to do and lots of places to be but I can't stop. I knew last night I couldn't stop but grief so many times in a row is really hard to do after so long. I was thinking that somehow without knowing it Hannah and I provided Hospice care to a beautiful baby kitty. She needed us to love her unconditionally before she had to go. It's not easy on us but I sure wish someone would do that for me again. Shh I'm not looking just wishing. 


I feel like that crazy train. After a while chanting "I think I can, I think I can." gets a little discombobulated. The words all run together and I have to stop and remember exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. If life were easy I wouldn't be here. I'm right where I'm supposed to be -- so the Dove chocolate keeps telling me. Now back to channeling Scott watching the first preseason game for football. I love me some football and I came by that honestly not from a boy! I just wish it was the Chiefs and not the Broncos playing. I really would have been there for that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment