Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chosen Family

"God gives us our relatives - thank God we can choose our friends."
      
 - Ethel Watts Mumford



I love this quote. I have so many people in my life that are my chosen family. They have been my friends for so long they are a huge part of my heart. I can't imagine my life without them. I am and continue to be so very fortunate in to have so much in my life. Tonight Hannah has a friend spending the night that was a huge part of our lives before Scott died. We loved having her around and including her as part of our family. I miss those days so very much. I miss having all three girls here and Scott taking care of us all. I love that he was my best choice in my life for my family. I don't know how else to be but I'm trying. I just keep trying. I like that life now is about choosing who is right for your life on both sides of the coin. 


I'm so glad I have so many new people in my life that I choose to share. Life is still a daily choice for me although I think I'm making great strides in living. I love smiling laughing, dancing and loving. Hanging out with the kids watching Glee Project with my new sister. Tomorrow is another day but you see I know that I have been blessed on this day. I don't want to rush into tomorrow except for maybe a little bit of something I look forward to. Just another reason to smile and laugh. A year ago we did our first commemorative fantasy football draft for Scott's League. Next week we have the draft and we have the beginning of Midway High School football season. I don't know why I feel so alive but I'm glad the feelings are different then they were last year. I forced each day to make it. Now I don't feel like I have to force my life. I smile and laugh and love. 


I look so forward to love and laughter. I'm ready to embrace today if it is handed to me but for today I treasure the memories that are my life. I am so good being here. I still don't sleep but I know the answer to that issue but I'm not there yet. Maybe someday I will be but it I'm all good with the friends that I choose to be in my life. My chosen family and my God given family I don't know where I'd be without you all! Thank you for helping me live forward one day at a time.




No comments:

Post a Comment