Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Friendship

Can I just say that making new friends out of old acquaintances is fun. There is a guy I knew in college that is going through his own personal grief and struggles but not because of death. That might have been easier for him. Over the last few weeks we've turned into a cheering section for each other. I have to be honest and say 20 years has made me have memory loss of college days at times but I'm good enough to remember fuzzy details. I love how the world finds ways to connect you to people that need to be in your life.

I don't have to work hard at being who I am but I do have to remember that who I am matters to others. I live my life for Hannah. She is the only one whose opinion matters to me and maybe sometimes my Mom. There are some people in this world who only do the right thing when it makes them look better and go out of their way to complain about others mistakes. I make mistakes all the time but I'm willing to admit to them. There is also the point to be said for people who complain without actually doing anything to help in the first place. I have to many things going on to deal with other peoples ineptitude and be blamed for it. I wish I had a magic wand and could help so many people. I try to do the best I can do with one patient, friend, loved one at a time. I will claim that as my gift.

I want to know that by writing this each day I matter and can help someone else. I know I have done that for my friend. I hope we get to meet face to face again someday but the power of the Internet is a gift from God also. Used for good instead of evil you can make a change. We were all given gifts use yours to the fullest. Don't worry about what others think, listen with your heart and mind. You will journey further on your soul path to fulfill your own destiny with those words in your mind versus those who don't know the power of evil words.

No comments:

Post a Comment