Monday, August 22, 2011

Who Would Miss You?

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."
      - Demosthenes



Do you ever wonder if you stopped posting on Facebook who would notice? I know there are people for me but sometimes I wonder how long it would take?  My Mom is a  "friend" on FB I know she would notice but you know it is one of those things that just passed through my head today. A friend of mine said something about hoping to see the video on FB later of Hannah's squad comp. I just looked at him and told him he knows me too well. It is nice to know that you matter to people in life. It makes me wonder how much of a connection I would have with so many people I care about without the power of the internet and facebook.


Those moments of knowing in a small second of a conversation that you do matter to someone is important. You can have any kind of small opportunity; business, friendship, love, kindness, giving, in which you are given a chance to make a difference or turn down a new road in life. I think it all relates to the windows and doors philosophy of life. For some reason I have had some very unusual doors close but I also see so many windows that have begun to open in my life. I just want to reach out and give myself a boost but sometimes I know I have to wait for the window to open all the way. My big 'ol booty just isn't ready to climb on through but I'm enjoying the breeze from the other side.


I'm ready for an opportunity to develop into bigger enterprises. I don't know what that will be but here I am. I just wish I was feeling the breeze coming in off the ocean window while I wait for the place where I can squeeze on into whatever it is I'm waiting for! I know I'm just a silly goose but it does keep me amused. If I can't laugh at myself then what do I do for fun when I'm hanging out with two cats for company? Well since football season is upon us I do have that to keep me amused. Maybe not as much as I did before but I enjoy being there for Hannah. She is my life and joy. I'm so thankful God brought her into my life. His plan is greater then I will ever understand but I think it is important for me to keep trying to be focused upon the lessons I am to learn through it all.


I know I matter to so many in my life but it is just one of those random thoughts that I don't really want an answer too but thought I would ask. I know people would miss me but how long would it take someone to notice. I still have that moment of memory just knowing when Scott was missing. I noticed. It didn't take me long to notice and worry. I know that was the power of love. I missed him in less then an hour. We were never apart for very long and that moment knowing he was missing has left a scar deep inside by being. I am healing though. I am living forward because I have made myself not just sit around and waste away. That is not where I am supposed to be in this moment in time. I am learning so much more from life then I ever thought possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment