Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Guiding Hands

"Never argue; repeat your assertion."
       - Robert Owen



And sometimes the next best thing is to turn around and walk away after your have said what was needed to be said. Somehow, someway you do what is right in your heart and move forward.  It is hard when you don't get the choice but when you do it is empowering. I keep making choices that matter to me and my next steps forward. I will always be making the choices for Hannah to be there for her. My job first and foremost is to be her Mom. Anything else is frufru and fun. I love to hang out with the friends and I enjoy making new ones but if anything interferes in what is right for Hannah then I'm walking away and making her my focus.


My assertion is that there are, sadly, people in this world who don't know what it means to focus on life instead of things. I'm so happy these days. Even the moments of crazy stress make my brain hurt but doesn't make me fear life. I still have panic but I'm so much better then I used to be. Today I was talking to a friend on the phone and I realized it has been a while since we have just chatted. We were both in our cars on the way home and it has been weeks since we have done that. I love having quirky friendships that make you smile and laugh even talking about silly things.


I like where I am. I like how far I've come. I will keep going and making the changes I need to keep me headed in the path of living forward. I know it is important for me to keep the positive energy going in my life and surround myself with the people who matter to me, the people who love me enough to support me and provide me shelter in their arms. I continue to ask God to surround me with is light and love, guide me, protect me and show me the way. I have a purpose and a place I am supposed to be. I may have moments of sadness and despair but I keep trying and reach out when I need a guiding hand. I don't think there will ever be a time in life when I won't need a support system. I am happy that I am where I am supposed to be. I may not like it but I'm happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment