Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wings of Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul.
      - Emily Dickenson



I did something this morning that took a bunch of effort! I have had this piece of Ferrero Rocher chocolate sitting on my bathroom counter for the last 17 months. It was the last piece of chocolate that I could never bring myself to eat from a package we bought at the grocery store on our last date night. It was so funny because he then surprised me the next morning with a giant bunny of chocolates. Those are still wrapped up tight. It is a huge self control not to eat them. Right after Scott died there was no way I was eating them because I wasn't eating. Now I could eat myself out of house and home when it comes to chocolate.


It may seem silly that one piece of chocolate can represent so much in my life. I was cleaning up this morning so my housekeeper could do the rest. She has been great all these month. She doesn't move stuff like that and if she does I can't tell. So for me to purposely choose to pick it up and toss it in the trash is another great step for me. It seems so much easier! I am taking control of my life.


My week has been super crazy but I ended on a great note. I love moments that make me smile and laugh. I love knowing that I do have wings on my soul. I really am making so many steps in each day. I don't know what each day holds but I have come through fire. My heart is still healing but I am not alone in this world. I have great friends that sharing war stories and silly moments make each day worth the effort. It makes it worth fighting all the traffic and roadblocks to keep living forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment