Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sophomore

Sitting on the back porch enjoying the nice breeze and cooler temps while Hannah does homework. It doesn't seem possible that I am the mother of a sophomore. I remember my sophomore year very well in a school that has been destroyed. I have had a world that was destroyed too but for some reason we all rise from the ashes into normal mundane daily tasks. Life is full of living even on days that it doesn't seem possible. Yes here we are just the two of us in a peaceful place doing the little thing called living.

Moments of time melded together and suddenly it is almost 17 months ago. I lose track of the time when I think about it more time seems to have passed then what I can account for. I think about the one first day of school Scott got with Laynie. I remember him leaving the house and I grabbed the camera and told him he had to take pictures. This day was going to be priceless and we needed to record it. I'm happy I did. I'm happy he didn't think my obsession with photos and capturing the snippets that add together into life was bad. Scott, Hannah and Laynie would all just smile and not complain. Hannah's life is very well documented.

I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. I have this feeling I will look up one day and my baby will be a mom. I'm not ready for that. She has years to go but wow I'm not sure how we got here! I know I'm blessed to sit here with her as she "gets ahead" on her preap chemistry reading. I want so many more days with her! She needs an easier life then I have held together. I hope she knows how much she is loved and adored by me. My greatest joy is being her Mom. My greatest contribution to this world. I'm so very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment