Monday, April 11, 2011

Grab a Smile

"Because humor brings us back to earth, it helps us to use it well what is left to us even when we are keenly aware of what we have lost or been denied. Only those who know how to weep can also laugh heartily." -Kathleen R. Fischer

I know how strange this seems but is it so very true. In the first few months of grief laughing always brought tears of sadness but as time has passed I find myself looking for ways to laugh. I think it is a treasure and gift to laugh. It has been in my moments of joyous memory that I remember the laughter we shared. I love to continue to share the laughter with others. Scott would laugh at me and most often he would be making me laugh. I can hear the song from the Jungle Book and see him dancing so many ways. I can see him flirting with my friends at WDW. Sheryl swooning over his cute little Texas twang and MJ finding her "new" man!

I loved telling him korny jokes and no matter how many times he heard my favorite joke he would laugh, smile and tell me the punch line. I love when other people have stepped into my life and make me smile. I feel his love through other people. I keep saying there are people that have been added to my life that give me hope, love and laughter. Laughter truly is the best medicine. I think that is why I have been able to live forward. Tonight I was doing a load of laundry. I had hung one of Scott's sweatshirts over the door to dry about a month ago. When I took it down I hit myself in the head with the sleeve and inside was the measuring lid. I just started laughing. I could hear him giving me grief for not hanging up the clothes. I'm still smiling as silly as the moment was.

Just don't ask me to share my favorite joke or Hannah may grown loudly! She gets so upset when I tell the same one over and over. I just love the punchline and well who doesn't love a good pun every now and then. I am certainly better at laughing then making others laugh. Thank you to all of you who keep me full of hope with laughter! I love to smile and Scott always said it was my smile that caught his eye after he looked up! He's not the first nor will he be the last to tell me that! I just keep smiling and sometimes the smile is real and the laughter from the heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment