Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Mowed the Yard!!!

I mowed the grass! Do you hear me jumping up and down and screaming! I mowed the yard without anyone around - no help, no one holding my hand! I'm so proud of myself. I made a left turn. I had to fill up the gas can all by myself. That required me leaving the house today. I tend to be a complete hermit when I don't have Hannah unless someone makes me leave the house. Today I stayed hidden but then I just couldn't stand hiding anymore. I put on "I can leave the house clothes" versus the "lounging clothes" and went to the gas station! While I was at it I filled up the car too. My organizing self still works.

I got home filled Scott's prized riding lawn mower! I stuffed my headphones in my ears and cried my way around the front yard. Then I sprayed the weeds in the front yard. The sun was starting to set but I kept going. Our backyard may hold a very large swimming pool but there is enough room out there for a tennis court too! The sunset was beautiful, the music blaring in my ears was talking to me and I turned on the headlights and finished a chore. I can't explain how this task ranks right up there with dating and the grocery store.

Someday there might be someone who I want to date or maybe I might go to our grocery store but for now - I MOWED THE YARD ON SCOTT'S LAWN MOWER!!! I'm patting myself on the back. After I did that I did some exercise in the pool under the beautiful Texas stars! I miss him very much but I'm climbing the hills! I am living forward with a lot of help from all kinds of places!

No comments:

Post a Comment