Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spritual Healing

If you get tired of staring at something long enough you finally do something about it! Or just you keep walking around it like it doesn't exist and hope someone else will do something about it. To bad I'm a type A personality and if I can't close a door on it for out of sight out of mind I will eventually take care of the issue. It's the palm trees. They used to be my pride and joy. Scott and I used to fight over who got to trim them. Well we all know he won that battle last year and this year I've been just hoping they would fall over and die.

The palm leaves are dead but for some reason they stay attached to the tree and come off in bits and pieces! The problem is where they land! The swimming pool. So I end up with fits of anger over something that I could just take care of the problem instead of acting like it doesn't exist. It is really more frustrating to fish the leaves out of the pool and the Polaris then to just get out the clippers. Now I have to brave the dangers of the gigantic thorns on the palm leaves but I think the pain might help me.

It is dark outside now but at sunset I went out and was trying to get the Polaris to sweep up all the dirt off the bottom of the pool but the palms were stuck in the bag and it wasn't doing it's job. I am in no way shape or form dressed to do yard work. I'm looking all cute in my summer top but I decide to take out my aggression on the trees. It's not like I have Scott to fight with anymore. It never lasted long but making up was the best part! I can't take out my frustration on Hannah, even though I'm sure she thinks I do all the time. I did the next best thing I snipped, sliced and scalped the palm trees. Two of the five anyway. I feel better emotionally. My arm aren't happy with me but in a way I do believe it was another step in my choice to live forward.

I know there will be a day when I won't be able to do physical yard work as a therapeutic intervention. I guess at that point I will have to learn new coping mechanisms but it sure was nice to deal with my frustrations about a few trees. It is a new season and I can't stop the world from spinning and I can't stop the trees from growing. I guess I could have them taken out but that isn't something Scott would have wanted and I know Mike would be just as upset with me because he planted the darn things in the first place. I love my secret world in the backyard by the pool. It does give me a place to reflect and grow.

Those who are lucky enough to be invited back here can hopefully feel the peace and love that radiates from the creations that may be of my placement but God's hands. His love is under every tree, flower of every rose, thorn of every palm. Nature is a very powerful gift and I'm glad I have a place to reflect on my own emotions and listen to the messages during quiet times in God's arms. My frustration didn't last long because I took a step to keep living forward. I am at peace again. My left arm and shoulder may think otherwise right now but in the end it is my spirit and soul that will grow beyond my physical limitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment