Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bragging

Today I feel like I can be a bragging momma. Every parent should take the time to brag about their kiddos. No matter what the achievement is! Today I attended the Eight Grade awards ceremony. There were lots of wonderful, amazing kids in the Auditorium that deserve brags but I will center out the only one I gave life! She received SIX awards today. I couldn't count at the time but when I got home she had them so I could see them. Well rounded and well grounded. Through all that has happened over almost the last eight weeks she continues to be an "old soul." She makes its all look so easy even when I know it's all so very hard for her too. I love you my beautiful, smart, funny, loving Hannah.

I walked another marathon today. Each day feels like I have run those 26.2 miles. Where's the medal with Mickey on it? I made it out the door again tonight. The choir students at the Middle School put on a show each year called Pizazz. Last year Scott and I went because Hannah was part of the performance with the full orchestra performing. It was surprisingly a lot of fun to see all those 7/8th graders cheering each other on to big and better things. Tonight I hadn't planned on going but I went with my new dear friend who got me to grief support group with her. We have bonded in our own personal grief for our losses. I thank everyone who continues to reach out to me and pull me along in life.

Those students are very talented and certainly touched my heart with their music and magical voices. The theme tonight was Michael Jackson but not all the performances were Michael. I cried and laughed all in the same breath but hey I guess I was still breathing. I know public is still the hardest place to be but I'm not the center of the world and not even the center of my world. I have a daughter who gives me joy even in my darkest hours. She puts up with my addiction to House Hunters because it doesn't require thought to watch. She doesn't complain very loudly when I ask her to just be in the room when I'm watching TV. What will I do over the break when she is with her dad? I'm not going to think about that right now. It's another few feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment