Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Year

This week has been a year since my Grandmother passed away. I sat at her bedside with my Mom, aunt, uncle and his wife. I held her hand and said goodbye. The day before Scott and I had been at the hospital to relieve my Mom. He knew just what to say to her to calm her down. He knew what to say to calm me down. We got through that week as a family. Not just my immediate family but the entire extended family. She was the reason we laughed, loved and celebrated.

On the drive to and from the funeral it gave Scott and I a chance to talk about death and our wishes. We knew all the intimate details. We as a family celebrated Grandma with a cookout and family time after the funeral. She was there with us, holding our hands and wiping our tears just like when we were little. Scott was welcomed with open arms. Families are there no matter the situation with love.

I have my family with me now! I have my friends. It is all possible with love. The next month will be a struggle for me. I will be up and down but I don't think anyone will be upset if I'm not mentally here everyday. I will promise to do the best I can. I promised Scott my love and he always gave me his. That love will never be doubted. I hang onto his love and know I walk this path not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment