Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lead and I follow

Everything that happens to you is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your own life and be taught by it. -Polly Berends


Yes I am learning. I am learning I have to make my life a different place. I'm am forever changed by my relationship with Scott and by the loss of his physical vessel. I am calm today after a night of no sleep. I tried but with and early morning call and a fantastic space that he would have enjoyed in the king suite. It was perfect but lonely. I got to the airport for a beautiful sunrise. I know I flew but I was asleep before the plane took off. I never sleep on a plane but I did today.

Walking off the plane and finding my friends to support me through this weekend in a new place that I've never been. I had tears - lots of tears but I know I can be lead and I will follow. He is here with me. I know he is here. I haven't listened to the radio but darn it if the TV doesn't have my favorite show in FIJI. I've changed the channel before when I can't watch but tonight I can watch.

I'm having a beautiful time and will make it but I will figure out all the changes for myself and what I need to reduce the stress. This weekend I will follow and be loved in person. I will make it forward but it is nice to pause in my life for the moment to figure out what I can do to continue to live forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment