Friday, June 18, 2010

Toy Story

Too Infinity and Beyond. Scott's shirt that he had made at DisneyWorld a year ago said it all! "I'm your Hero!" included was a picture of Buzz. It is so funny how things start as a silly thing and then progress to a forever loving gift. My last gift from Scott was on Easter morning. The card attached he signed Love Buzz. He does love me that way, to infinity and beyond. I walk through so many reminders each day. The one thing I do know is how very much he wanted to show our friends and family the joy of our love and that he would do anything for me. It was the same for me. I would do anything for him. We fought windmills for each other.

Today was a day highlighted, circled in red and reserved because of a movie! I know people love the Toy Story series but he was so excited because it was coming out at the time we had selected to share our love. My niece flew in last weekend. Originally it was for the wedding celebration. We were taking Kennedy and Laynie to see the movie. He'd been watching one and two over the last few weeks. I can fond our copy of one but I've torn the house upside down looking for two. It was there I know it was since he died. How does a movie hide? It is really upsetting me not to find our movie. Because of the release of three the merchandise is everywhere. I can't even explain how I have to stop myself from buying all the Buzz stuff. We have tons of it already! Like I said something that started as a joke turned into meaning! But seeing Buzz everywhere is like having Scott around me all the time. We were so funny with the Buzz stuff even Laynie told Scott she had to get a picture with Buzz when she was in Disneyland because that "is you Daddy!". He loved hearing that from her. We always told each other the girls came first. Their needs and loving them was always the priority. That means not just his and hers but they were OURS!

Talking about him is good for me. Tonight Kennedy said "I wish I could see you in your wedding dress and I miss Uncle Scott too!" I just told her, "I miss him too!". My Mom says she has been talking about him a bunch. I'm so very glad he touched her heart. She would call my phone, not to talk to me but to talk to Uncle Scott. She then told me she hoped Laynie wrote him a letter for Fathers Day because he would love that! Wisdom! I take with me the comfort of knowing his love and that he will continue to reach for Laynie, Hannah and I because of his love for our family. Even separated and pulled apart by tragedy will never take away the memories we created and the bonds we formed. This weekend I'm where I was supposed to be. I may not be doing the thongs I was supposed to be doing but that doesn't change the love I have in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment