Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back to Work

I've been off on Medical leave for the last two weeks to get my meds somewhat straightened out. They still aren't quite there but I'm trying. While on leave I turned in my resignation and used a lot of prayer to help me choose to get out of a place that has two DGI's. That is a term I've learned on my widda forum for "don't get it" or my preference "dog gone idiot"! Here's your sign! I have learned that yes I have strength. I don't like the word but I have learned to walk forward to find myself. My life is forever different. I really am learning how to crawl, walk, talk all over again.

Tonight Hannah and Mike took me to dinner for my birthday. I'm so very lucky to have a friend in my exhusband. He and Scott were great friends. They understood how to get along and be there for not just me but for Hannah and Laynie. We talked about lots of things over dinner but as we were standing outside to leave there was a white Toyota Tundra sitting there. Hannah made a comment and I watched Mike get tears in his eyes. He and his wife had it on their list for looking at trucks but they removed it immediately and can't even test drive one! I'm not the only one who is struggling with seeing the number of that truck around. When Scott bought the truck we had to take it to show Mike right away. He was so excited. They were like kids talking truck. I'm so very lucky to have both Scott and Mike willing to be friends.

We ate PeiWei tonight. Scott started the tradition of always getting two fortune cookies for each of us. Hannah and I have continued this. I never understood why he did this except that he liked the sweets. So I had my two fortunes but as Hannah was reading one of hers she handed it to me and said, "this belongs to you!" I love my daughter. Wise beyond her years!

So with that tonight my three fortunes are:

1- Set the right example. It will inspire others.

2- (From Hannah) Hope is the most precious treasure to a person.

and I opened the final cookie to find this!

3- The best times of your life have not yet been lived.

I love you my heart is what I heard in my head after I opened that last fortune. I know he is here. Protecting me and guiding me because I have prayed for him to continue to do so until I can find my feet and learn who I am in my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment