Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love Transcends

Ahh joy and memories. I love my friends. Tonight I had dinner with a friend that I only know because of Scott. We sat there laughing and talking and as she said to me, "I remember the day I realized that you were in love with Scott." That's a good thing to hear. She told me how good we were together. She had run into him a couple of weeks before he died at Wal-mart. We hadn't seen her for awhile so he came home happy and bubbling. "We need to get together with her and her husband soon." was his comment. She went on to describe how happy he was when she talked to him and what a change being in our relationship was so good for both of us.

I remember when Scott and I fell in love. He was just suddenly there for me. I know the exact moment looking at him and just knowing. He would tell me the exact same moment. He told me the exact same moment he loved me. I will always know that moment. I will also know the rest of the moments of our time together. All of those add up to a love that transcends.

Then dinner tonight took me from a place that was so very topsy turvy to a place that is comfort and joy. I have never doubted my love for Scott or his love for me. I thank Monica for giving me continued support. I have so many words that don't express the power I feel in my heart for all of my friends. The arms of love are so powerful. I get to know that I making it forward because of the love from the other people in my life. After I left the restaurant I got in the car and Leanne Rimes, "Unchained Melody" started playing on the radio. Scott is supporting me to infinity and beyond. There are so many people who are here for me. I will take each day with patience and kindness. I have learned that there are people and events in life that I can't change. How I deal with them effects others and I choose to be me as I learn who me is these days. I'm not going to let others dictate to me how I live my life. I get through each day with the help of people who will never really know the feelings that are in my heart because I can't find the right words.

1 comment:

  1. You're finding all the right words, Babe. Never doubt that!

    - Linda

    ReplyDelete