Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's My Day

Well I don't know if I started the day off right but I did start it. I had three hours of sleep. I was awake and couldn't doze off again. I dislike the insomnia but I'm working on it. I headed to my morning MD appointment to get the panic attacks, depression and insomnia addressed. By the way the weight loss is up to 26 lbs, not a diet for anyone to use, but with no appetite it is hard to make myself eat. We have tried with other meds but this time it is something new. I, of course, showered before I went. It is a place of connection for me with Scott. I pray and meditate there each time I'm there. I have a new ritual that is a combination of things from Scott and then my own stuff. Today I prayed for many angels to support me and guide me.

I got it all today. Scott sent me so many Angels to hold me up. I got so many I can't even tell you all of them. After the MD I went to drop off my script at Wal-mart. Hey I can do that without help! While there my dear friend, Lisa called me and invited Hannah and I to lunch. I roused the sleeping child from here beauty rest and picked her up. There is a new place that we tried. I stole the idea from my young birthday neighbor and her choice yesterday! Five Guys Burgers was good. The company was even better. True friends really do support you in your time of need.

I was supposed to return to continue my Bank battle but the time got away from us we were having such a nice visit. Lisa and her antics of life really make me smile. She reminds me of Scott's love of life. I need to hang out with her more. So I missed the bank but then it was time for the dentist. I have used the same dentist for so many years it is tough to count. We have attended church together and his staff is fantastic. Who would expect one of my Angels for the day to be him. Scott had also become one of his patients in the last several years so he knew him too.

Jeff had sent a sympathy card immediately after our loss of Scott, so I thanked him. The tears of course are rolling down my cheeks as he tells me he prays for me daily. He then takes the bib and wipes my tears. Fast forward through the Hannah consult and as we are leaving we get hugs from him and the hygentist. I treasure my Angels of today. He honestly told me to call if I needed anything.

Now I do have more Angel visits today in the way of my parents and my niece. They weren't supposed to make it today because my stepBob had a colonoscopy this morning and they weren't planning on being here. They finished early and were able to make the drive up to take us to dinner. Hannah kept asking me where I wanted to eat. I kept saying I had no clue but I did finally pick my favorite food! Let's say it all together - MEXICAN :D So today I had both of my favorite foods :D

I made it through the day. I kept myself busy and I had my Angels supporting me. We all have it in us to be and Angel to someone for the day. Take that a pass it on. Love someone without conditions. So today I made it through the first birthday of my new life. That means I'm not really 41 today :D I get to start counting over with the wisdom and love from my memories and taking it one day at a time. I missed my birthday kisses at midnight but I feel them in my heart. We had five spectacular birthday celebrations together each year better then the one before. He shared with me and will continue to be here until we meet again.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment