Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hand of God

"When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned and the flame shall not consume you." Isaiah 43:2

God is promising to hold our hands through anything. If we reach for him he will be there or he will provide for us in our time of need. He doesn't promise us that we will be immune from any of these things. It also means that we will all be given challenges to rise up towards the hands of God. I have learned how to be at peace through all of these hurdles that have been given to me. I know that each one of us has a battle to live through the obstacles. But in that battle there is power!

I have daily challenges but I surround myself in my protective bubble of prayer for light and love. I reach out for the Hands to guide me. It was supposed to be one of those all planned out days when everything was going good but God had other ideas! I made sure my first priority was Hannah and doing the things I had to do for her. When I got her settled I was able to drop my own personal plans and go to my Mother-in-law. She broke her other hip today. I wasn't with her the entire time but got to her, talked to the surgeon and made her feel better. I got her settled into her room because it was where I was supposed to be.

I don't do things like this for recognition or to show off. I do it because I am feel the right thing to do in my heart. I want to know that I touch a life for the better. I want to love and be loved. As I left her tonight she told me she didn't want me to leave her, that I had spoiled her. I told her I'm right down the street if she needs me as she was drifting off into a medicated sleep. I do this because of my love for Scott. He loves her and I can't not honor that love. I love her too. Her year has been worse then mine could ever be. I want her to know that I am also honoring God's journey for me. I was in the right place.

I have learned to reach for God to guide me and protect me. I only hope I can pass that love on. I want to know that I matter to others that I make a difference. I don't want anything but love in return. That is what matters for me! I feel the peace is within my bubble of light and love. I will make a difference in each day I have been given! I will keep living forward because I've been given the days to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment