Friday, May 27, 2011

Tomorrow is another day

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." 
— Audrey Hepburn

"...that understanding comes from love. You might believe that you need to understand another to love them. The truth is you need to love them to understand them." - a friend's message from God post for today.

What do you get when you cross a grumpy teenager and an exhausted Mom. Most people would say a fight! Not in this house you end up with a Friday night four hour sleepfest and eventually dinner at 9pm. This week has been crazy and busy but that was by my own choice so I won't be complaining. So now I sit on my spot on the couch watching old Hepburn/Tracy movies and wishing for a quieter time in life. There is so much going on in this world, the horrific images that have been around the globe this week just don't stop.

I will never fully understand the actions or responses of others but that doesn't mean I still don't love them. For instance, I have one friend that drives me completely batty and sometimes I just want to slap some sense into him but it doesn't work that way. His sense is his own so it is easier to keep loving my friend and not always try to understand. The same goes for all the rest of the world. I don't understand so many things but that hasn't stopped me from loving others. I may lose my patience but through this all I have learned to bite my tongue and just love. There are things I have been trying to do to help others but getting responses out of people is just nuts! I keep trying though and know I will make things happen for a place I care about and people I love.

I am who I am and I don't expect others to completely understand me just as I don't understand them. This morning I woke up from the worst nightmare I have ever had. I can't even type the details but it still floats around in my mind still after all these hours later. It doesn't do me any good to focus upon a dream that wasn't based in any fact but thoughts that I know to be false. I believe that love and laughter are the best medicine. I somehow have to keep being strong when all things feel as if they are going wrong. I will keep trying to smile and find happiness in each day. I keep trying to make others happy too because loving others keeps my feet planted firmly on the ground. Praying for others keeps me surrounded by light and love. I think somewhere in this world there will more happiness because miracles happen everyday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment