Sunday, May 22, 2011

Joplin, Missouri

I can't even write tonight. I just keep thinking about my hometown and Scott. They are tied in my heart. Connected because Scott had his very first seizure in my hometown at the McDonald's near my house. It took us 20 years to meet and now this. A college friend posted a picture of a double rainbow 60 miles from where the tornado struck. All I can think of is the bridge that rainbow represents for those who lost their lives today. I'm not sure where or what I'm supposed to be doing but I feel like I should be there.

I understand tragedy and surviving the other side even when you feel as if you should have been taken too. I feel the pain from that small town. I see the images and my heart breaks. Today all I can pray is for the people hit by the horrific event to be surround by light and love, to guide them, protect them and show them the way. Today I want to do more. God please help me find the path to help my hometown, guide me to show them the strength to healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment