Monday, May 30, 2011

Never A Day Without Thinking About Something or Someone!

‎"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about." ~ (Unknown) 


This was a post as a FB friend's status a few minutes ago. I have several things like that. So instead of the moments when I say "I give up!" I should just keep knowing that I will make the things happen in my heart that I know are possible. I know what I need to be doing right now. I know that I need to focus on helping others.


Another friend keeps saying "you are where you are supposed to be." I have that feeling not just for myself but for one of my very dear Disney friends, Sid.  You see he moved to my hometown a few years ago for some great reasons but really not exactly the place most people move to if they have other choices. It is a small town in Southwest Missouri. The people have shown the rest of the world what it means to "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!"  My friend Sid has tirelessly worked with supervising and running at points in time from the moment the tornado struck with the American Red Cross. Sid was exactly where he was supposed to be! I can only hope to grow up to be a fraction of the person Sid has shown with his kindness, caring and generous spirit. I know I can't wait to see him again. He was very supportive when Scott died as he got to meet him along with several other of my Disney friends. I know that Sid deserves far more then the words I can praise him with as he continues to help the survivors live forward!


I keep thinking about so many things and I'm will continue to work toward the place those thoughts lead me. I'm not always selfless I do have my moments of selfishness but I wouldn't be human if I didn't. It is just that in this last year as life keeps happening I have learned that I have a purpose that is beyond my own imagination. I am where I am supposed to be but when you pray you also need to be willing to accept the responsibilities that come with prayer. You may be only thinking of yourself but when suddenly you  have thoughts that come from nowhere and won't leave you need to make the choice to act upon them! Make the world a better place!  I will make things happen because it is the right thing to do. I have a purpose that is beyond what even I understand but I will keep living forward. My life matters beyond my own bubble! I hope you look inside your soul and see that you too have the capacity to live beyond. We are not entitled to be handed the world. We each have the power to make a difference in someone else's day! Holding a hand, giving a hug or building a bridge for lives ravaged by a storm! It doesn't matter as long as we choose to "Love thy neighbor!" and make the world a better place!


So thank you to my FB friend and former classmate for making me see that the things I have been thinking about nonstop matter! I have the power to make them happen! I will make them happen and if I sneak in a selfish little something for myself that is okay too! I want to know that when I cross the bridge to the welcoming arms of God, Scott and so many others that have gone before me I have earned my place to be with them! Scott is in my daily thoughts and will continue to be for the rest of my life here on Earth. I can do what I can because I know he hasn't stopped loving me but it is okay to keep living forward!

1 comment:

  1. I am questioning my own place in the world. How is it that I can help others when I can barely take care of myself? Of course there are short periods of time when I'm totally capable, but my experience has been that those times are followed by times of horrid mental torture where I barely function!I do try and hold my head high and be there for my sons. Sometimes its all I can do and I am at least happy for that because that wasn't always the case!

    ReplyDelete