Monday, August 23, 2010

An Angel Day

Sickness strikes. I should be used to it and I really do know when it is coming along. I get stressed and my immune system strikes me down. I know what I have to do to keep healthy and I think some of that needs to happen! Today I won't bore you with the details but a rash and a sore throat gets you antibiotics! Then before I can get the antibiotics I get water that won't stay down and a massive headache. So I did what I'm supposed to do rest and take it easy.

Hannah got home from a great first day of High School to take care of me. Not what I wanted it to be. I had her call Mike and he picked her up to get all of her school supplies. He took care of me too - sprite and jello all the way. I'm very thankful to have them both around. It makes me miss Scott. The last time I felt like this he held my hair and didn't complain. Silly but it's the times like that when you know they really do love me.

Today also has huge meaning as it is what my dear friend Christine refers to as an "Angel Day." It is the day my Dad became an Angel 11 years ago. I know this date and it doesn't have bearing to the sickness but it does make me a lot sadder this year then before. I've always handled this day ok, maybe a bit crankier but today makes me miss them both so very much. Two of the most important men in my life are hanging out in heaven talking in good 'ol boy sayings. I always told Scott he would have enjoyed spending time with my Dad. I love you Daddy please guide him on his new journey.

So for today I will rest and go to bed so I can get up tomorrow to return to work. I don't have a choice I have to work. I'd rather be in Disney World maybe someday soon I can get there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment