Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Cuddle and a Movie

It really is the small things that seem so ordinary and suddenly here he is. Just when I can't figure out how, who, what, when, or why the answer floats into my head. We have had a netflix subscription since Scott moved in with us. We each had our own lists and a number of movies. Scott was abusing his and not studying so I gave him the "really" Mom/wife look and took his list and put some of his movies into mine. Actually we did this together because when we had quiet down time we snuggled and watched movies.

Tonight I have been snuggling with my large Buzz and four blankets watching the Netflix movies that have arrived. It was my entertainment when Hannah and Scott were doing homework. I used to watch them and see how many I could get unlimited in a month. I've even figured out the postal system to have a new one everyday. I don't do that so much now but it was fun. I would watch all my British based on a novel BBC movies and somehow they would both find their way into my shows. They got their homework done but they would get hooked on my multidisc episodes and would ask me when I was watching the next one. It is so funny to sit here thinking about Scott watching my program about an English Victorian female doctor. Shh don't tell him I told but he really was very well rounded. Not all football and sports.

As I finished the first of my two movies it dawned on me why this movie was in my queue. Two + years ago we sat on the couch one night picking movies to watch. Our list was 200+ movies but this was one he selected. I was okay with the choice but until tonight I had forgotten. That is how it works a new movie arrives and it is like the lottery because I don't check very often unless there is a bunch of new movies out that I want to get added so I don't forget about them. The next movie was about a widower who has two teenage children and meets another woman and lives forward. I don't remember putting that one into the queue but I must have.

So I find myself thinking that I got to watch movies on this dreary, rainy night curled up on the couch not in my blankets but in Scott's arms. I can feel him snoring lightly in my ear because even if it was a good movie he would be comfortable and relaxed. I will keep having these quiet reminders. I know they come from him. I often wonder if he is like Bruce Willis in Signs but then I know he is surrounded by so much light and love that he knows the truth. He is here because I need him and he loves me.

Now maybe I need to go check out the Netflix list and send myself some lighthearted musical comedies from the bygone years. Who wouldn't find a smile with Bing, Fred, Ginger, Gene, Doris, Debbie and oh so many more. I wish they made movies like those still. A little M. Night Shyamalan is okay and yes Pirates of the Caribbean is always good but I like the pep me up froth of Singing in the Rain. Oh what a glorious feeling cuddling and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment